Welcome to Harp Cottage – a 17th-century stone holiday cottage in the tranquil village of Old Radnor, between Presteigne and Hay on Wye on the Welsh borders.
The self catering holiday cottage has tons of character and is owned by a sculptor and writer. Harp Cottage is simply and stylishly decorated with traditional features for a wonderfully relaxing stay.
The cottage sleeps five in three bedrooms and includes two sitting rooms with log-burning stoves, a fully equipped kitchen stocked with the essentials, wireless broadband, ample books and games and a pretty garden.
Relaxing, stylish and peaceful. Harp Cottage provides a perfect base to explore the area’s beautiful rolling countryside and fascinating market towns. There are great restaurants nearby including the Stagg Inn and the local pub, The Harp is only a moment's stroll away.
- Original flagstone hallway & sitting room
- Two wood burners
- Centrally heated
- Electricity, gas, hot water included
- Big kitchen - microwave, dishwasher & fridge (with small freezer)
- Stove has 5-burner gas hob and big electric oven
- Store Cupboard with basics included (olive oil, coffee, tea & sugar)
- Utility room - washing machine and downstairs toilet
- Sleeps up to 5 people
- Two double bedrooms (both king sizes) & one single
- Twin bedroom has zip-and-link beds to create a king-size double, if needed
- White linen bedlinen, towels, soap, loo roll included
- Between Presteigne and Hay-on-Wye
- Close to excellent food pub
- Excellent restaurants in the area, including the Stagg Inn at Titley and The Tram at Eardisley
- Rich and varied wildlife
- Great walking from the door
- Wifi (don't expect fast we're rural!)
- TV with DVD player
- Some mobile signal, depending on your service provider
- Lots of books & games
Pet & Baby Friendly
- Baby-friendly (travel cot and high chair available)
- Dog friendly (two good dogs very welcome, downstairs only)
- Smoke free
- Big table with chairs outside on terrace
- Off- road parking for two cars (plenty of parking elsewhere in village)
- Stairs have no banisters or handrails
- Effective airer above staircase
Ready to book?
Check availability and book online today.
Not enough stars available! Great atmosphere. Great part of the country.
We had the best time, the cottage is beautiful & so cosy & comfy. Simply couldn't wish for a better escape from the post Christmas blues. Can't wait to visit in Summer as the courtyard looks like a real Sun trap.
Absolutely gorgeous cottage in a perfect location. Very relaxing and everything provided for a very comfortable chilled out stay. Loved it. And right next door to an excellent pub with delicious food. Thank you!