HARP COTTAGE – THE IDEAL REFUGE ON THE WELSH BORDERS
Welcome to Harp Cottage – a 17th-century stone holiday cottage in the tranquil village of Old Radnor, between Presteigne and Hay on Wye on the Welsh borders.
The self catering holiday cottage has tons of character and is owned by a sculptor and writer. Harp Cottage has been restored to an exceptionally high level to combine modern style with traditional features for a wonderfully relaxing stay.
The cottage sleeps five in three bedrooms and includes two sitting rooms with log-burning stoves, a fully equipped kitchen stocked with the essentials, wireless broadband, ample books and games and a pretty garden.
Relaxing, stylish and peaceful. Harp Cottage provides a perfect base to explore the area’s beautiful rolling countryside and fascinating market towns. There are great restaurants nearby including the Stagg Inn and the local pub, The Harp is only a moment's stroll away.
- Sleeps five in three bedrooms
- Two double bedrooms and one single
- Two sitting rooms
- Good WiFi
- Some mobile signal, depending on your service provider and where you are in the house
- TV with DVD (bring DVDs with you)
- Two top-of-the-range wood burners heat the cottage effectively and carbon-neutrally, with all logs supplied and included (plus electric radiators as back-up). Not centrally heated.
- Big kitchen
- Effective airer above staircase
- Stove has 5-burner gas hob and big electric oven
- Utility room has washing-machine and downstairs loo
- White cotton bedlinen, towels, soap, loo roll included
- Electricity, gas, hot water, logs included
- Store cupboard basics included (olive oil, coffee, tea, sugar)
- Twin bedroom has zip-and-link beds to create a king-size double, if needed
- Baby-friendly (travel cot and high chair in cottage)
- Smoke free
- Dog-friendly (two good dogs very welcome, downstairs only)
- Lots of books and games
- Stairs have no banisters or handrail
- Big table with chairs outside on terrace
- Close to excellent food pub
- Off- road parking for two cars (plenty of parking elsewhere in village)
- Excellent restaurants in the area, including the Stagg Inn at Titley and The Tram at Eardisley
- Rich and varied wildlife
- Between Presteigne and Hay-on-Wye
- Great walking from the door